ESG at INTREAL
„We do not act on the spur of the moment, but rather after due consideration. We cultivate our employees’ potential with training opportunities and endeavour to use the strengths of each employee in a productive way.“
Hannah Dellemann, Head of Sustainability
ESG aspects are incorporated centrally at INTREAL and are implemented in all areas of the company. All steps towards a more sustainable enterprise are managed and reviewed by our Head of Sustainability.
In addition to our own internal commitment, we also support the following standards and initiatives:
- BVI Good Conduct Guidelines
- BVI Guideline on Responsible Investment
- UNPRI (UN Principles for Responsible Investment)
- UN Global Compact
Our internal specialists and our Head of Sustainability participate in various working groups, e.g. of the BVI and the ZIA. We use our potential influence to help shape market developments.
1. Use of JobRad bicycle hire
2. Almost the full cost of membership of qualitrain and thus access to 4,000 sports and wellness offers throughout Germany
3. Subsidised osteopathic applications on site and ergonomic workstations/advice
4. Sponsorship of participation in sports events, e.g. MOPO relay race, Hamburg triathlon and various company sports groups
6. Fresh organic fruit each week, filtered drinking water, vegan milk
7. Company doctor
We aim to ensure that all employees find themselves in a work environment that protects their health and well-being. When selecting our company locations, we pay attention to good acces-sibility by public transport. In addition to a healthy office environment and forgoing air condi-tioning, proximity to open green areas is important to us so that employees can take active lunch breaks. INTREAL stands for an integrated work-life balance concept. We support this with flexible working hours and remote work.
Use of sustainable materials in day-to-day office work
- Use of sustainable office supplies and advertising materials
- Avoidance of paper
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning products
Sustainable catering for employees
- „Viva con Agua“ (https://www.vivaconagua.org/) in meeting rooms
- Filtering of tap water to be used as drinking water
- Organic fruit and milk
Saving energy involves everyone
- Development of a “Green Card” with tips for saving energy
- Purchase of green electricity for more than 10 years already
- Motion sensors for lighting in the corridors
Sustainability starts on the route to work already
- Introduction of Job Rad bicycle hire & bicycle racks in the garage
- Hybrid company cars
- Subsidised job ticket/professional ticket for HVV (public transport association)
Not every meeting needs to be held in person
- Reduction in business trips Trains instead of flights; flights only with carbon offsetting payments
- Meeting rooms fitted with video conference technology
- Separation of paper and commercial waste
- Use of returnable/reusable bottles only
Instead of giving gifts to customers at Christmas, INTREAL supports charitable organisations in Germany. All employees are invited to make suggestions for projects and institutions. A vote is then held to select the five organisations that will receive a donation.
Christmas wish tree
All INTREAL colleagues have the opportunity to sponsor gifts at Christmas. Children and young people write wish lists that are hung up on the INTREAL Christmas tree. The wish lists can be fulfilled in return for a cash donation.
Offer of tissue typing by DKMS and issue of organ donor cards
We regularly provide information on organ donation and leukaemia. All colleagues have the option to get involved. On a voluntary basis, colleagues can be tissue-typed at an employee event so that they can register as stem cell donors. In addition, organ donor cards are offered to all employees.
Campaigns are organised at regular intervals to collect non-cash donations for three selected regional organisations. These organisations are presented within the company beforehand so that employees have the opportunity to find out about them and make targeted donations.
Environmental Social Governance
We provide you with an overview of the important ESG topics at INTREAL.
Overview of our different ESG services.
ESG at our Asset Managers
We support our customers with implementing the statutory sustainability requirements.