ESG at Asset Managers
ESG TOPICS ARE ALSO A HIGH PRIORITY AT OUR PARTNERS
INTREAL is a strong advocate of the statutory sustainability initiatives and passes on this mentality to its partners. In collaboration with them, we aim to keep growing successfully and sustainably together.
We provide our partners with tools for implementing the regulatory requirements and train our fund partners at customer events on ESG topics. Our questionnaires and analyses at the start of a partnership have been expanded to include sustainability issues. ESG is thus an integral part of our continuous outsourcing controlling.
As a Service KVG (Fund Administrator and AIFM), INTREAL is particularly concerned with the integration of sustainability aspects at the AIFM level, whereas asset managers focus on the integration of sustainability aspects in the investment process.
TOGETHER WE RESPOND TO THE ESG REQUIREMENTS
With our partners, we want to ensure that the products we manage become more sustainable and that sustainability is a high priority in new funds in particular. The allocation of tasks between us as a Service KVG (Fund Administrator and AIFM) and our partners – the Asset Managers – is as follows:
- Portfolio management: Taking account of general and fundspecific ESG standards when making investment decisions
- ESG risk management (transition and physical risk measurement, scoring)
- Contract documentation
- Ongoing review of compliance with the respective fund’s sustainability targets
- Preparation of a fund-specific sustainability investment strategy
- Including sustainability aspects/ESG criteria into the Due Diligence process
- Integration of ESG in acquisition documents
- Portfolio optimisation